Tuesday, June 1, 2010
up and going
After letting her settle in for a couple days, I got started on Soliel's training this morning. I noticed when I first led her out of her pen that she had a tendency to be somewhat pushy toward me. Right away that was the first thing that I addressed. I got her on the end of the rope and shook my finger at her, at first she had no clue what I was doing then I shook the lead rope, light at first, then harder, until she shifted her weight backwards, I was quick to stop my action when she responded. In no time flat she was backing up relaxed with very little effort from me. Then I got on, today I mostly worked on softening exercises. getting her to flex laterally and then move her hind quarters, then we rolled over her front legs. Once she got used to me and my cues she settled in and relaxed nicely. All in all I believe this mare wants to be gentle and quiet. She seemed sore on her right hind, I think that this is something that she will work out of. But until then work will be light. I am excited to work with this horse because she is showing me that she is very smart and is willing to try and learn. Until next time, God Bless. BW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment